On Monday April 15th, there were several explosions with injuries at the Boston Marathon finish line shortly before 3pm. MEMA is supporting the city of Boston during this event:
- MBTA Service resumes today (4/16). Copley Station remains closed. Copley area bus route diversions. Expect delays and increased law enforcement presence throughout city and transit system.
- Mass Pike (I-90) Exit 22 Copley Square ramp remains closed. A crime scene has been established in the area of the incident, see http://www.cityofboston.gov/ for a map of crime scene perimeter.
- For finding persons, try all 3 of these tools:
- Mayor’s hotline 617-635-4500.
- Red Cross Safe and Well (1800REDCROSS or redcross.org/safeandwell)
- Google Person Finder (http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions)
- If you need crisis counseling, call 1-800-985-5990. The American Red Cross has information on their website about recovering after a disaster, including helping children cope and resources in other languages
- Boston crime tips hotline: 800-494-TIPS and FBI tip line: 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3
- See the city of Boston website at http://www.cityofboston.gov/ for additional information